Every new day brings new challenges in an online marketer’s line of work. Even as these new challenges emerge, there is no denying that the only way to achieve your internet marketing objectives is by staying abreast of search engine optimization (SEO) changes.
SEO is very volatile and as a marketer, you have to be proactive to beat your competition. This means planning, budgeting and constantly strategizing on how best to stray ahead of the competition.
If you are wondering how best to boost click-through-rate, it is time to learn which SEO strategies are trending. As a marketer, understanding these trends will guide you on your SEO project. You have to remember that while you might be working with an experienced SEO expert, knowledge of this industry boosts the partnership, making it more fruitful.
Below are some of the hottest trends in the SEO industry and they should inspire your decisions in the next marketing campaign.
When talking to your SEO expert, ensure you confirm they have the skills and resources to use these strategies. Here you go:
- Google Accelerated Mobile Pages Project (AMP)
When Google sneezes, the SEO world catches a cold and for many good reasons. With control of over 62% of the search market, there is every reason for the internet world to keenly watch what the search giant is doing. This is one reason every SEO consultant should get more insight on Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages project (AMP).
The project has been in the news lately but most SEO specialists have been treating it warily. The whole idea by Google is to introduce a new standard for building mobile website content thus creating a better mobile web for users. Pages built with AMP are lighter and load quickly.
While many SEOs are treating AMP as a fad, Adam Greenberg an official at the company, says Google now links to AMP pages in all search results. It is therefore important to adopt AMP in your SEO strategy for many reasons. Take a look:
- Better user experience through optimal speeds – One thing internet users abhor is slow loading speed which increases bounce rates. With Google AMP content, it is now possible to resolve the slow speed problem. AMP pages load 30X faster than non-AMP pages.
- Better ranking and increased click-through-rate (CTR) – AMP pages perform better in search engine result pages (SERPs) for target keywords. Better still, your website will enjoy increased CTR. You can now leverage AMP as an early adopter by installing the official AMP WordPress (WP) plugin. Once you build an AMP page make sure you validate it and enable AMP stats on your Google Analytics to see how the new strategy is working out.
- Linking Still Rules
You have heard the stories, watched so-called tests and you are now wondering whether link building is worth your time and money. Well, trust the naysayers to come up with seemingly infallible proof about their claims. According to Andrey Lipattsev, who is Google’s Search Quality Senior Strategist,anyone who claims links are not important anymore is foolish. This remark should settle all doubts you had about link building for your 2017 SEO marketing campaign. Google has over 200 ranking factors and according to experts, links feature prominently in the list. Some of the considerations you need to focus on when building links include:
- Quality – Only get external links form credible and reputable news sources and academic journals as opposed to a nondescript blog in your niche.
- Volume of external links – The more links you have the better, but remember, they have to be from reputable websites.
- Relevant anchor text – Never try to mislead visitors using the wrong anchor text. Make sure the anchor text is relevant to the target page.
Link building is a technical skill and for this reason, you need to partner with an SEO consultant to get the job done professionally.
- Optimizing for Voice Search
Google says 20% of mobile searches are voice and ComScore predicts 50% of all searches by 2020 will be voice searches. The voice recognition market is predicted to hit $601 million by 2019 according to a report by Skyworld. You have to start optimizing for voice search.
To do this, you have to create content that gives direct answers to questions searchers are most likely to ask on voice search. A featured snippet instantly boosts clicks to your website and more rich answers are returned for voice queries than for text queries. To leverage this SEO trend, utilize long tail keywords, create new content with meaningful information and make it easier for people to find you online.
SEO keeps evolving and to stay relevant on the internet platform, it is important to always be on the lookout for emerging techniques to boost your website.